to Starting Fumigation
- Soil should be in good seedbed condition prior to fumigation.
- Break up clods and loosen soil by cultivation one week before application.
- Work soil deeper than intended fumigation.
- Soil should be free of trash to prevent the "chimney effect" and to reduce fumigant "tie-up" in organic matter.
- Adequate soil moisture should be available.
- Soil capacity must be at a minimum 50% field capacity.
- USDA Soil Moisture "Feel and Appearance Test".
- DO NOT FUMIGATE DRY SOIL.
- Apply at depth according to label.
- Make sure the field is properly posted with appropriate signage.